40' Sabre 402
BLOW'N AWAY is very well maintained Sabre 402. This Jim Taylor design could be one of the best dual purpose boats on the water. Whether you're looking for a performance oriented cruiser or want to surprise a few people on the race course, this is a boat you must consider.
Her interior is beautifully finished in Cherry and nicely arranged for 2 cruising couples. Teak and holly floors have been covered since new and are perfect. On the outside, as is typical with any Sabre, her lines are stunning.
She has undergone numerous upgrades including a Schaefer Boom furling system, new (Neil Pryde) main sail along with jib and standing rigging in 2006, and Lewmar Ocean Electric halyard winch, B&G Hydra Cruise Pack electronics and a recently polished Flag Blue hull.
She is fast, yet requires little physical effort to make her perform. She is ruggedly built, and incorporated the newest technology at the time, such as her carbon fiber rudder post and state of the art keel designs. This boat offers greater stability, comfort and security than many comparable boats.
New bottom paint July 2020
Prop Spee applied to the propeller July 2020
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
- Boat Name
- BLOW'N AWAY
- Builder: Sabre
Designer: Jim Taylor
- LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 4 in
LWL: 34 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 3 in
Displacement: 19000 lbs
Ballast: 7400 lbs
- Engine 1:
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1998
Engine Model: 4JH2E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 658
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
- Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (104 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (50 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (30 Gallons)
- Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
Construction: Hull and Deck
Awlgrip Flag Navy Hull with VIP Red boot stripe and Gold cove stripe (Hull painted in '06). Deck color Sabre White and non-skid Bone White. (Exterior pictures of Blow'n Away's hull, deck, rig, and cockpit will be displayed soon.) The deck laminate with balsa-cored construction, hull fiberglass reinforced vinylester resin, with gelcoat bonded to chopped strand fiberglass. Fin Keel with aerodynamically designed wings to maximize performance. Ergonomically designed cockpit with bridge deck for safety and comfort.
Sabre's tradition of fine craftsmanship is evident throughout the Sabre 402. With her contemporary, wider beam, carried further back than in her predecessors, the Sabre 402 has a wealth of volume. The interior is well designed with very comfortable living space and lots of storage.
The main salon is impressive and takes full advantage of the 402's beam of 13' 4". Comfortable settees are found port and starboard, with port side convertible to double berth. An elegant yacht table, which will comfortably seat six for a meal, is located on centerline with chrome oil lamp overhead. The base of the table has dedicated beverage storage. Storage lockers above the berth backs provide plentiful space for towage. Blow'n Away's interior cushions are covered in a deep green Heath fabric. Below decks the mast is protected by a custom made leather cover.
Aft to starboard is a the forward facing navigator's table, where you will find ample space for displays of electronic systems. The galley is to port and offers storage lockers outboard above the Platinum matt finished Corian countertops and below are plenty of drawers for storage. The boat has refrigeration that can be driven by mechanical or 110 shore power. There is a front opening door below the counter for easy access to the refrigerator. There is a four (4) burner Force 10 stove and oven (upgrade) found at the aft end of the galley; and a 2/3 1/3 double S/S sink with mixing faucet located on the island above the engine, completing this well appointed gourmet galley.
To starboard and aft of the nav station is the head with molded in fiberglass for easy maintenance; the owner upgraded the marine head to a fresh water vacuflush system which is also maintained with ease. The sink is recessed into the Sahara matt finished Corian countertops with storage lockers outboard. A separate shower stall with teak seat is located aft of the head and there is a compartment door offering access from the aft cabin.
The aft cabin has a large berth with storage spaces and drawer under. Outboard of the berth is a long shelf with lockers, a set of drawers and a large hanging locker. At the forward end of the cabin on centerline is a convenient magazine/bookrack.
The forward cabin has a 6'10" centerline berth surrounded by a hanging locker, storage lockers and ample shelving. Also in the forward cabin is a vanity with Sahara matt finish Corian counter, sink and mirror. Under the berth is you'll find a great deal of easily accessible storage.
Galley and Systems
- Microwave Oven
- Force 10 four (4) burner stove with oven and broiler (upgrade)
- Xintex Marine fume detection & control system
- Seafrost Refrigeration featuring engine driven cold plate system and 110 V shore system
- Espar Diesel cabin heater forced air (Installed by Sabre Factory) A very nice feature for cool Bay Area mornings.
Spars, Sails and Rigging
- All standing Rod Rigging replaced April '06
- Lighter, triple spreader mast for better sheeting angels and less pitching
- Schaefer Boom furling system with electric power reefing.
- New Main & Jib '06 (Neilpryde)
- Asymmetrical tri-color spinnaker )Pineapple '06)
Propulsion and Steering
- Yanmar, 4 cylinder 40 hp engine model: 4JH2E
- Carbon fiber rudder post-reduced weight, better balance, less pitching
- Max Prop three (3) blade feathering prop
- Prop Speed coating applied to the prop July 2020
- Edson steering
- Over-sized Steering Wheel (upgrade)
Electrical and Plumbing
- 2 Engine start Batteries, upgraded 2020 (option to run all 6 batteries in parallel to start engine)
- 4 House Batteries upgraded 2020
- Over-sized Alternator for quick charge under power
- Heart Freedom 25 Inverter/Charger
- Xantrex -Link 2000 Inverter controller and Dual battery monitor
- Wired for phone and cable TV
- Sealand, freshwater Vacuflush System with tank watch system
- Tank Watch System with 3 tank tenders (fresh water)
- Raritan Water Heater
- Jabsco Self-priming macerator pump
- New Rule 2000 electric bilge pump
- Cabin top Lewmar Ocean Electric winch installed new '06
- 2 Lewmar #54 self-tailing primary winches;
- 2 Lewmar #44 self-tailing winches, one on port cabin top, the other on the port mast for jib and spinnaker halyards
- Sailtec Integral hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Harken traveler on cabin top
- Harken Roller Furler new '06
- Carbon fiber whisker pole new '06
- All new lifelines '06
- Simpson Lawrence Electric Windlass, mounted below decks in bow anchor locker
- Rocna 15 Anchor 50' chain/200' rode
- Sheet stoppers
- All new exterior canvas April '06 Captains Navy Sunbrella: Companion way cover; custom cover for Schaefer Furl boom system; mast boot; winch covers, helm cover; stern cover; and handrail covers.
- Custom Bottom-Siders closed cell foam sand color cockpit cushions
- Custom stainless steel pole to mount Radar/VHF/GPS. Rigged to mount a small outboard engine; and cockpit lighting.
- Harken Bosun’s Chair
- Fans: 2 West Marine D-cell battery operated
- Kitchen supplies including • cookware, nesting set w/handles • kitchen utensils • flat ware • cutlery • baking supplies • dinnerware
- Special order Travasac Sleep System V-Berth bedding
- Pilots Berth bedding, two bags zip together
- Nautical Lantern
- CG approved Life-vests (6) in organizer bag
- Comfort type inflatable PFD's (7)
- Whale manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Men’s Foul Weather Gear, bib and jacket, 2 sets (1 medium, 1 large)
- Women’s Foul Weather Gear, bib and jacket one set, ( medium)
- Sou’wester hats, one red, one yellow
- Down The Hatch Ventilator
- Zodiac inflatable, FR-3/0 (10’2”) w/ foot pump, repair kit, 12 v DC inflator pump, paddles
- Suzuki Outboard Motor, 6 HP w/ integrated 1.5L fuel tank
- Outboard motor mount and lock
- EastLift outboard motor lifting harness
- Fenders: 8
- Fender Covers: 8
- 35 Lb. CQR anchor w/ chain and rode
- Rocker Stoppers: 10
- Craftsman mechanic’s tool set
- Misc.hand tools, ( in two tool boxes)
- Davis Instruments sextant
- The seller has hauled the boat in June 2020 for the application of fresh Micron66 bottom paint, a new dripless PSS shaft seal, and new anodes.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. Buyer should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht, and should instruct his agents, or his surveyors to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. This vessel is subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.